People who made Down River possible.
These kinds of projects are only possible with the support of a range of people, organisations and funding bodies. Here are some links that you may be interested in.
- morganics - Legendary Australian Hip Hop producer
- MIAUK - London based Srilankan Hip Hop artist with a passion for music generated in communities..
Organisations Involved with the Project include:
Have a look at what they are doing now.
- Shop Front Theatre for Young People – The Sydney based youth arts organisation which initiated the initial outreach workshops to Wilcannia. They do a fantastic range of really interesting work with young people aged 8 – 25 years old.
- Maari Ma Aboriginal Health Corporation– Based in Broken Hill, this organisation covers a large geographical area which includes Wilcannia. They now run the Wings Drop In centre which Shopfront Theatre partnered with to run the workshops that Down River came out of.
There are a range of funding bodies who fund projects like this. We got funding both for the workshops and then the production of the book from three sources:
- NSW Attorney Generals Department
- NSW Ministry for the Arts
- Community Cultural Development and Australia Council
- Community Partnerships
This website has been funded by the Australia Council for the Arts.